We are thrilled to announce that Space Voyaging will be a part of the upcoming ESA Open Day at ESRIN on September 29th, 2023, in celebration of the European Researchers’ Night.
This event is a fantastic opportunity to immerse yourself in the world of space exploration and scientific discovery, and we can’t wait to share in the excitement with our readers and fellow space aficionados.
Our slot falls between 17:00 and 19:45, and we are eagerly looking forward to the thrilling experiences and discoveries that await us during this time. If any of our dedicated readers are planning to attend this event for the European Researchers’ Night, we extend a warm invitation to seek us out and connect. We’d love to meet you in person and share our passion for all things aerospace!
What to Expect at ESA Open Day at ESRIN
The ESA Open Day at ESRIN promises an engaging and informative program designed to showcase the remarkable contributions of the European Space Agency to scientific research and space exploration.
This event, promoted by the European Commission, aims to welcome space enthusiasts, researchers, and the curious public to explore the fascinating world of Space Missions and scientific endeavors.
Throughout the evening, a diverse range of activities and experiences will be on offer:
1. Discover ESA Live: Expert speakers and scientists, including ESA Astronauts Anthea Comellini, which we interviewed some time ago, and Andrea Patassa, with the Special guest appearance Astronaut Luca Parmitano connecting from Houston, will take the stage to unravel the wonders of the ESA.
2. Educational Workshops for Children: Young explorers aged 8 to 13 will have the opportunity to participate in four educational workshops. These workshops will make learning about ESA missions and activities both fun and interactive. Registration for these workshops can be done on-site.
3. Guided Tours of the Earth Observation Multimedia Center: Don’t miss the chance to take a guided tour of the Earth Observation Multimedia Center, featuring data visualization at Φ-Experience, an exhibition on satellite data preservation technologies (Heritage Missions Walkthrough), and a permanent exhibit (Memorabilia Wall). This one-hour guided tour is recommended for ages 14 and up and requires advance booking.
4. Stargazing and Rocket Launches: Witness the beauty of September’s night sky with telescopic stargazing on the Uliveto Terrace, where three powerful telescopes will be set up for observation. Additionally, enjoy the spectacle of small rocket launches during the event.
5. Air Quality Platform (AQP) Prototypes: Explore the prototypes of the Air Quality Platform project, displayed at the Φ-lab pergola.
To attend the ESA Open Day, you can choose from two time slots:
- From 17:00 to 19:45
- From 20:15 to 23:00
Be sure to register on the Frascati Scienza website to secure your spot, as those without registration will not be granted access to the ESA site. Parking will be available on-site, subject to availability.
Upon arrival, you will receive a wristband indicating your chosen time slot and a pamphlet containing a map and information about the activities.
Let’s Meet at ESRIN
We at Space Voyaging are genuinely excited to be part of the ESA Open Day at ESRIN for the European Researchers’ Night. It’s a unique opportunity to celebrate the marvels of space exploration and scientific research with the broader community.
If you’re planning to attend, please look for us during our time slot from 17:00 to 19:45. We can’t wait to connect with our readers and fellow space enthusiasts and share the passion and wonder of the aerospace sector. See you there!
For more information about the event and registration, please visit the Frascati Scienza website.